2nd Lieutenant
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Rory

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    Wow, Again!

Thank you both, Rory and Vol.

Ok Christmas card list or not, I for one am not worthy.

Nice clear explanations that even a newbie like me can follow, even if I cannot hope to replicate.
    Horse Hair is out then, the Memsaab will be pleased.

I was cleaning the flash off a Langton NB/10, Ex French 80 gun at quarters, last night, I noted that the hull side actually have dimples in the “bulwarks”, which seem to be in the correct places for the rigging holes Rory has explained. Is this a coincidence or Mr Langton being kind?

I found a similar dimple in the fighting top of the mainmast, on the bit that the crew would stand upon, this was a bit rougher than the others, and may have been a casting flaw, rather than an indication of where to drill. This would indicate a vertical hole but from your earlier posts, the hole may be horizontal?

Does anyone know if the Langton’s make such indications in the masts?

No such dimples found in the DAVCO hulls I aquired at the same time...

For those of us in the UK after fine chain, try Squires Model and Craft Tools of Bognor Regis, West Sussex, I do not know if they will supply abroad.

Rabbit
    Hi Rab,
    I do not know? It maybe so. I think not. Or maybe the newer models (higher make numbers) do? I would not plan to think that it is so, as it may not be so. This is a mad answer! Don't rely on it.
    Be safe
    Rory
    Last edited by Devsdoc; 08-15-2013 at 18:50.