Threaded View

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Default San Ildefonso Ship of the line

Been doing a little reading of late and came across Wiki stating that the San Ildefonso was the class of vessel that Bahama was part of.
    Further searching I found some stats in the Winfield Bristish Warships in the age of Sail book which showed both ships, as they were both captured at Trafalgar.

The San Ildefonso works out around being a metre or so smaller than Bahama which equates to 1mm and a tad lighter. This being due to materials in building as the Spanish navy wanted to try and match the RN equivalent ships for speed

San Ildefonso 175' 5.5", 140' 3", 48' 5.5" , 1751 tons
    Bahama. 175' 1" , 144'9.5", 48' 2", 1786 tons

San Ildefonso LD 28x32p, UD 30x18p, QD 6x12p with 8x32p howitzers, this equates to Brit carronades I think. FC 2x12p+ 2x32p howitzers

Bahama. LD 28x32p, UD 30x18p, QD 6x12p with 8x32p howitzers, FC 2x12p+ 2x32p howitzers

The San Ildefonso was supposedly classed as a 74 but equiped with 80 guns, however I not found the info to show what the armamentvwas except that in Winfields book, but I am still looking
    So I would suggest another Bahama model and we can tick another ship off the Trafalgar list having the San Ildefonso.
    If it floats your boat so to speak, another HMS Bahama model and you can use it as HMS Ildefonso, as she was named after Trafalgar.

Of course if any one has further info saying this is not possible due to whatever reason, please say so, otherwise
    I am looking for another Bahama to increase my Trafalgar fleets with the San Ildefonso
    Last edited by Capn Duff; 04-03-2017 at 10:33.