Threaded View

Ordinary Seaman
    Spain

Log Entries
    Name
    Longino

Smile The press gangs finally got me.

Ahoy, mates.

I'm a new recruit, brought here by the promise of sharing terrain building techniques and gaming experiences in the age of sail. I recently bought the Sails of Glory starter set, played a game with advanced rules, and I'm expecting two more third rates to arrive soon.

I have to admit learning to play the game with the advanced rules from the get-go was a daunting task, since the format of the rulebook is... not well suited to it, to say the least. But after rewriting the rulebook as a "play the advanced game in sequential order" rules booklet, I had a blast.

I have been looking for scenery tips in order to create 3d terrain pieces to use instead of the cardboard pieces of the core set, as eye candy is very important for me (although I prioritize sturdyness over looks). I have not found any tutorials on building terrain in the 1/1000 scale, but I have started working on a terrain piece and I'm eager to share the process I went through. I expect feedback, and hope it can help other people like me.

I hope there is some bunk left for me onboard this ship!
    Last edited by 2500kgm3; 12-27-2015 at 14:21.