Thread: Battle of the Nile (Battle of Aboukir Bay), 1-3 August, 1798 Scenario

Threaded View

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
    Thanks Fred for the additional comments. I certainly admire whoever played the French as they took quite a beating. Great follow up.
    Fred, thanks as well from me for your write-up. Much more detailed than I provided (and a much better story teller too!)

I've also asked Aprilbooks to provide a French Commander's counter-point. And just to let you all know, she volunteered for the job!

Fred, you were also right about the ship and division commander assignments. I did put a fair amount of consideration into that. Who best to lead in, who I thought was the strongest commander for the initial approach, etc. You were an unknown but I had a strong feeling from your contributions to this site that you would do great! Wish I had known how good your son was with the game.

One of our players, when we do "Wings of Glory", appears to have a magnet in the nosecone of his aircraft so I wanted to place him where collisions would have the least amount of impact. I wasn't disappointed; two ships, two collisions! In fact, we've named it "the [his last name] effect"; not to be confused with the "Nelson's patent bridge for boarding enemy vessels."[!!
    Last edited by Walram; 08-17-2014 at 23:14.