Hey Everyone,

I'll first apologize if this info is already on the forum but I didn't feel like scanning the threads more than I did.

I am playing a solo game today to familiarize myself with the advanced rules more and I am finding the fire damage and extinguish rules a little confusing ( this could be do to the few beers I have enjoyed while sailing ). Any light anyone wants to shed on the topic for this novice player is greatly appreciated. I really just want to make sure I am doing things correctly.

Here is my understanding of how it all happens and resolves...please correct if I am wrong.

Turn the damage takes place (lets just say turn 1 for example sake):
- Fire damage chit is revealed > Add one fire special damage token to the special damage box. (do you take fire damage when this happens or only at the beginning of the following turn?)

Start of the following turn (turn 2):
- The ship takes fire damage before the planning phase. I fully understand that the fire damage maxes out the leftmost empty box on the damage track, one damage for each fire on board. What chit is used for this in the damage track...a special damage fire chit...does it really matter since the box is maxed out anyway?

Action Phase (turn 2):
- The extinguish fire action is played, nothing is done this turn but the tile stays face up in the planned actions track until the next action phase.

Turn 3:
- In the action phase of this turn the extinguish fire chit is placed into the special damage box and the ship takes another fire damage on the damage track.
- At the end of this turn the fire is extinguished and both action and special damage counter are removed.

Thanks for any assistance!