View Poll Results: What Do You Intend to Buy?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am getting one of every model and paint scheme plus extras for repaints.

18 20.22%
  • I am getting one of every model and paint scheme but no extras for repaints.

21 23.60%
  • I am getting at least one of every model but not every paint scheme.

9 10.11%
  • I am only getting the models that interest me.

41 46.07%

Thread: What Do You Intend to Buy?

Hybrid View

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Coog View Post
    Two special production ships could also be done. Essex comes to mind with cards for the 32-pounder carronade laden version and the earlier 12-pounder frigate. Endymion would be an excellent choice to offset the U.S. 44's.
    A thought re _Essex_: On one side, the mostly-carronade version everyone's familiar with; on the other, the gun loadout it was originally built with (26 long-12s on the main deck; 16 carronade-24s on the spar deck). From what I've read, the rearming not only crippled its long-range-fighting ability, it also bollocked the sailing qualities.

Myself: I want to see a "Great Lakes War" expansion, with the ship sets for Put-In Bay and Lake Champlain (I know this isn't technically a G.L., but it's close enough :) ).

_Endymion_ would have to be produced in a 3-pack.... ;)

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    Myself: I want to see a "Great Lakes War" expansion, with the ship sets for Put-In Bay and Lake Champlain (I know this isn't technically a G.L., but it's close enough :) ).
    I think one of the problems with producing ships for either war on the Great Lakes would be that there was no uniformity in ship sizes and construction. Almost every ship was unique.

Able Seaman
    Canada

Log Entries
    Name
    Susan

Quote Originally Posted by Coog View Post
    I think one of the problems with producing ships for either war on the Great Lakes would be that there was no uniformity in ship sizes and construction. Almost every ship was unique.
    The other problem is that an Age of Sail rule set can be good at fighting Trafalgar, or good at fighting Lake Erie, but not both. You need more detail to do 1812 right, but you need faster play per ship to be able to do 25-30 of the line per side without hopelessly bogging down.