Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
Depends on a few variables. The first question being...

Will the ship cutouts be in the based shape, or bases off to the sides vertically with the ship logs and cards?

As far as the terrain and ship log boards go, I was thinking 2 1" trays. One for ship logs and associated markers, the other for terrain elements, coastal batteries, and their markers.

I'm also wondering about damage chit bags and rulers and wind gauges.

I think I may need to see how you're regular stock trays are going to be set up to get a better idea of what modifications my odd size could accommodate.

* Edit to add - Never thought about measuring the ship logs, lol. 3" thick it is.
I plan to do my standard trays for the ships attached to their bases and loaded from the top. So a really rough ship cavity in a tray would look like this from the top:

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
Keith, do you have measurement information from Ares concerning the 1st Rates that are coming in Wave 2, which also makes be think of the special edition of the HMS Victory? From the photos I saw those ships will be larger still than the current SOL's. I'm just wondering how you might be planning ahead for those ships as well, much bigger and possibly smaller.
A 3 inch tray will hold the largest 1st Rates in Wave 2 by 3mm. But with the new foam that will be plenty.