Thread: Foam Storage trays

Threaded View

2nd Lieutenant
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Rory

Hi All,
    You may see one of the ships is on the bases of 2 ships. Bottom right. I could not get the last ship of the Russian fleet in the box to fit. It sits on two bases between two ships. Though it is not on the mat it still works and is held in place with the bubble wrap and the base is locked in under the rigging of the two ships each side. I will one day add an extra box for left over ships like that one, or get a little bit bigger boxes. lay the ships out and measure the area before getting the box. The Bubble wrap has not damaged any ship of mine. For SOG ships you may need deeper boxes, as the bases are bigger. I'm going to start 1-2400 scale ships later for the big battles. I will use bigger and shallower boxes and put both fleets into one box.
    This way you get the box you need, not the box you are given. The mats do work (Tipped box) add the bubble wrap! They can take a lot of rough handing without moving around in the box. If you have space in the box I roll-up some bubble wrap to fill-in the free space. As the fleet grows use less bubble wrap to fill in the gips.
    Be safe
    Rory
    Last edited by Devsdoc; 06-27-2015 at 17:22.