Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
BTW Keith, when will you start taking preorders for the trays?
Short answer, about the 2nd week of Jan.

Long answer...

I picked up my laser last Friday and with all the holiday activities, I've had very little time to play with it. On top of that, the exhaust system I built has some leaks I'm sorting out. Turns out, melted acrylic is kind of stinky! lol The wife is not to happy about that

Hopefully that will be sorted out with my efforts yesterday. If that is the case, I'll start dialing in the settings for my various materials over the next week. The final foam/PSA samples are due to me on the 30th. That puts me cutting prototypes no earlier than about the 2nd. As long as those go good, I'll put them up for pre-order around the weekend of the 4th. There is about a month lead time to get the blanks in and then it's just a matter of cutting and assembling the trays. I think I can cut about 25 trays an hour, but no clue yet how long the PSA will have to "situp" to make a good bond. I'll also get the already pre-ordered Wings of Glory trays out first. Best case I think I might be shipping these trays in March.