Thread: Foam Storage trays

Hybrid View

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

I've been storing AoS minis for decades. I've tried both orientations and standing is by far the better solution both in terms of handling and in terms of minimising risk of damage to the model. My current preferred method is to use magnetic tape on the model base and similar in transport boxes (most of my models spend most of their time in steel drawers too), but foam would work OK too.

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    I've been storing AoS minis for decades. I've tried both orientations and standing is by far the better solution both in terms of handling and in terms of minimising risk of damage to the model. My current preferred method is to use magnetic tape on the model base and similar in transport boxes (most of my models spend most of their time in steel drawers too), but foam would work OK too.
    Ditto - I would prefer standing. My Langton's are based on Litko wood with magnets. As someone else posted, ships with rigging are more easily damged lying on their sides.

I use KR cases for my WoG aircraft and they have options for either putting the card and base next to the model, or having a separate tray. As for the logs, tokens, and markers they have a separate thin tray to hold these at the bottom of the case. The best solution would minimize your bags or cases of course!