Thread: Foam Storage trays

Hybrid View

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

No worries Cory, take care and make sure you can only float your new ships outside your house.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Cory

Quote Originally Posted by The Royal Hajj View Post
    No worries Cory, take care and make sure you can only float your new ships outside your house.
    Keith, so sorry I noticed my scans loaded in reverse order to only add to the confusion of my sketches. I had to ask, is there any merit/feasibility in my idea? I know it would be a very thick piece of foam, but, in my head at least, it would allow for a large number of models ready to go.

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by CHolgren View Post
    Keith, so sorry I noticed my scans loaded in reverse order to only add to the confusion of my sketches. I had to ask, is there any merit/feasibility in my idea? I know it would be a very thick piece of foam, but, in my head at least, it would allow for a large number of models ready to go.

I think there is. I’ve got to find some time to play with designing the layout in my programs to see how many ships could safely be stored still. And then compare the number of ships stored per total thickness of foam between all the different configurations. After that, is time to compare the cost of each tray between the different configurations (thicker foam is more expensive, but if you need less of it overall…)
    I don’t think the foam would not have to be too much thicker then it would to hold the ships in a normal vertical position.

I am just seeing this thread, sorry for being slow...

Cory, I hope all is well now up your way.

As an alternet idea...

My thought would be this. Go with laying on the side. Only store the trays vertically, transporting them like beehive 'supers'. When you are not using your fleet, as in being 'in ordinary', have them mount into a 3d picture frame, to be displayed on the wall. This maximizes use and provides convenience in storage. I would use generic shapes so the groupings could be customized. This would have to be a delux option, but with our creative crew members, I bet some creative juices are flowing. Personally I would prefer the other items to be stored separately. One other advantage would be if they were in linked pairs, they could be displayed at the game site as in an open book standing on its edge, for easy ship choosing.