Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What accessories do you desire in an Anchorage store?

Landsman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Tim

In our last battle, two ships of the line took a number of fire and leak damage chits, requiring them to test a couple of times each for explosion and breaking apart. We used the chits, as in the rules, but the need to put several sets of four together was a bit of a speed bump at an exciting point in the game. (Both players drew destruction first time, as it happened!)
    I popped into my local Games store and picked up some d8s. I coloured 2 surfaces red with a permanent pen, and the others yellow on one die and did the same with dark and light blue on the other.
    The dice work well but have numbers on. Some dice with the chit images would look a lot better!

If you're going to make something to haul the game as a package (I.E. Not just ship storage), then you need to include space for some of the counters. Anybody can get one of those plastic divider boxes, but you're pre-cutting something, so it has to be a particular box that you'd supply that will fit what you pre-cut. It will need separated storage for all the tan colored special damage counters that also allows finger access. It will need something that acts as combined storage/draw bowl(s) for wind change counters. It might as well have storage space for things like wind direction stuff and combat rulers if that's not already dealt with.

I would say fire counters to put on the ships would be really nice, but I'm not sure if it would get any better than just using a tuft of red cotton stuck between the sails.