Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
I think both of you guys are onto something, or maybe just on something (Zombie Pirates?).

I think Ares did well with the first round, though I understand the comment about starting with the U.S. Unfortunately, as pointed out, most folks here might not know much about U.S. Age-of-Sail history. I admit I WAS one until I joined the Anchorage. I think the age of piracy would definitely be a gateway for folks, and I would be highly supportive of that for the next round even though I would like to see U.S. frigates. Pirates, I think, would definitely be attractive to school-age children and high schoolers. I can see some role-players I know get into the piracy era as well.
And while we may eyeroll at Zombie Pirates and the like, a lot of what is out there is that type of fare. I think that a serious game about the Spanish main would do great biz and teach some history too. As for land masses and costal areas, how about Port Royal in 1:1000 scale? And if you want to incorporate merchant ships, well, there's the entire Spanish treasure fleet to plunder.