Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
Out of curiosity, Vol, if the ships did not require much additional work, how long would it take you to finish these 12 ships? I have no frame of reference to know how much time doing one's own minis require. I have not done any form of modeling for 35 or so years. I am going to try my hand this month on repainting a WWI plane mini, and I recently bought some Flames of War WWII armor. These will be a challenge to me already; something of the scale of these ships is a bit daunting.
Eric,
Gunner shipped me the NavWar ships and I received them on Thursday. Even though the Revolutie took more work than usual, I finished it to a point where I could take photos and post it by Sunday afternoon before I had to fly out. But I spent almost every waking moment on it, which didn't make the wife or daughter too happy my last few days at home. As it gets closer to late spring and summer I will have less time to spare for the workshop. Winter is my hobby time. Anyway with normal time spent in the shop, say about 4 to 6 hours p/day, I can finish a crisp Langton in about two days; a GHQ in about three; NavWar I'll estimate five or six. I will most likely be scratchbuilding the masts, spars and sails for the rest of them. I'm hoping the Davcos won't require this and will take less time.