Adam Nicolson
    ISBN:
    0-06-075361-7
    Category:
    History
    Format:
    Paperback and Hardback
    Summary:
    Unlike other books that focus on the history or tactics of the battle of Trafalgar, Nicolson’s Seize the Fire is a treatment of human psychology, cultural values and meanings, and ethics. Using the battle of Trafalgar as a case study, the author explores the following concepts, each in a separate chapter: zeal, order and anxiety, honour, love, boldness, violence, humanity, and nobility. This book provides a different perspective in which to think about the men and actions of the battle, and the beliefs and values we, the readers, hold. This book would make for an interesting, and I believe lively, read in a reading group.

I own this book, so if you ever need anything from it or others I have, please let me know. Other titles can be found in my photo album - Age of Sail Library.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by 7eat51; 02-05-2013 at 19:20.

Thanks Eric. Hey can you do a review on Chronicles of the Frigate Macedonian? That really looks interesting. If you say it's good, then I may have to blow the moths out of the wallet and find a copy.

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Volunteer View Post
    Thanks Eric. Hey can you do a review on Chronicles of the Frigate Macedonian? That really looks interesting. If you say it's good, then I may have to blow the moths out of the wallet and find a copy.
    Coog (Bobby) wrote a review of the book. I concur with him that it is an enjoyable and informative read. It reads like a story as opposed to a more technical or reference work. So if you're looking for a good read during the evenings, while on a trip, to simply relax, I highly recommend it. I picked up my copy in a used bookstore and I am glad I did.