Hello everyone,

Thank you for welcoming me to this forum.

Since I was 3 years old, I have been playing with model kits. My father, a former model maker, had given me small plastic cyclists that he had painted himself (and which have since been lost), followed by a wooden Western fort. Then came Playmobil, and finally my first plastic GIs, Napoleonic soldiers, and model kits around the age of 10. And the need to create game rules, essential for turning display pieces into useful objects...

Since then, my collection has grown considerably with all types of figurines, game rules, scales, and periods. I make my own scenery and now most of my figurines, largely using my FDM and resin printers.

I am drawn to both gaming, modeling, and history, I'm not sure in which order, to be honest.

Regarding Napoleonic naval gaming, I played a lot of Sails of Glory when it first came out, then sought a simpler and faster rule set, especially for larger engagements. But ultimately, with my group of players and our association "Ligue des Guerriers Pictaves" (Poitiers France), we are returning to our first loves, realizing that the Sails Of Glory rule set is actually a good compromise between playability and realism.

Looking forward to reading from you.

Zap