Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
Well, we're not romping through these old campaigns, are we. I think you might be even slower than I am but only just. . It's good to comeback after almost a year and find you've just posted your next game, bravo.

An enjoyable read, even if Johnny Rostbif appeared to win the day, that's what happens when the gallant Jean le Vagabond isn't in command of the main battery in le Génèreux, c'est la guerre as we French sea dogs are apt to say.
I wonder how Baptiste and Hermione are and if there's still a few bottles of the 98 left in Martines bar. I must try and make time to visit.

No time to be maudlin, just wanted to let you know it was a jolly good show you put on, even if the best man lost.

Cheers and crack on with the next game, I've given you plenty of time to catch up.
I am nothing if not indolent! So, no worries about catching up.

I can take no credit for the victory. It was Rob's scenario using Rob's tactics. No connection between those two things? Sorry, Admiral! Too much whisk(e)y - can't remember which one. Ignore this whole paragraph. I wouldn't want to be expurgated from the Gazette.