Thread: Who is Tim Honier

Landsman
    France

Log Entries
    Name
    Christian

Default Who is Tim Honier

Hello.

My passion for boats comes from my mother, who was born in the Bourgogne (wines) region of France, but she didn't see the sea for the first third of her life.

After starting to build a wooden model of an early 20th century sailing tuna boat, I did some radio-controlled sailing with a called "micromagic" sailboat, and sometimes sailed for real on very small sailboats and hobbycats (catamarans).

My meeting with Monse Haillon led us to take up "Sails of Glory" only a few weeks ago, leaving behind our beloved World War I aircrafts from the "Wings of Glory" game.

At nearly 70 years old, I'm off for another trip back in time.

P.S.: I'm also working on another challenge for my grandson: a wargame by « Dennis Peter » about the Viking invasion of England in the early 11th century. To complete this picture of my hobbies, I practice Nordic walking and maintenance gymnastics.

I'm happy to be a member of this group.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Very interesting to hear your back story Tim. As a matter of interest, your namesake on the Drome (whoes name must not be spoken) Flying Helmut, has been an avid member of a Viking/ Saxon Reenactment group, and my own Medieval enactment group once fought at Senlac hill one weekend. It was superb fun.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Welcome aboard, its good to have you here

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

And good to have you back with us and posting again Dave.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

A belated welcome to you Tim?

Ordinary Seaman
    France

Log Entries
    Name
    Simon

Welcome to a tenacious and audacious adversary on the game mat.
    Glad to share the skies and the sea with you