Thread: Tim Honier and Monse third battle

Ordinary Seaman
    France

Log Entries
    Name
    Simon

Default Tim Honier and Monse third battle

Third clash between Tim Honier and Monse.
    Advanced rules : change of sails size - proximity musketry fire.
    Introduction of the crew action limitation rule.

Tim Honier leads the French ships: frigate Courageuse (34 guns), ship of the line Généreux (74 guns).
    Monse commands the English ships: frigate HMS Terpsichore (34 guns), ship of the line HMS Defence (74 guns).

1. Start face to face. Fleets remain grouped.
    Long-range fire on the English frigate and the French ship-of-the-line.
    2. The English frigate comes under fire from the French ship-of-the-line.

3. Musketry fire for all ships except the French frigate, which has not planned it.
    4. The French frigate fires on the 2 English ships, while the English frigate has not scheduled musket fire.

5. Three ships hit, while the English frigate is on the verge of exiting.
    6. The English ship of the line is trapped but inflicts destructive damage on the French frigate, which sinks.

7. The French ship of the line favors firing against the English frigate.
    8. Voluntarily remaining upwind 3 maneuvers in a row, the English ship of the line fires at close range at the French ship of the line, while the English frigate avoids a fratricidal collision.

9. The English frigate receives effective long-range fire.
    10. Lack of effective long-range fire from the English, whose artillery is beginning to be badly damaged.

11. The French ship sinks the English frigate with a long-range shot.
    12. The French ship exploits its upwind maneuvers to aim at the English ship, which has no target in its firing angles.

13. The French vessel finds herself in destructive range, unable to return fire on her left side as her guns are reloading.
    14. The French ship abandons combat, losing a few more crew members.

Conclusion :
    The frigates of both sides are eliminated.
    The ships of the line are heavily damaged.
    Last edited by Monse Haillon; 02-06-2024 at 14:19.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Looks like a fairly equally matched action Simon.
    Thanks for another good read.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I am going to space your photos if I can Simon so that you get a true number in your album. It says only 17, fewer than the 32 you actually have posted.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

Bruised and battered is how these even sided fights end up. Again a nice action, thanks for posting.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Hi Simon.
    I tried to split these double pictures for you but can#t find any simple way to do it so will count your actual pictures in your Album and credit you with those.

Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

You actually have 56 photos to your credit Simon.

Rob.