Thread: Happy New Year to One and All

Default Happy New Year to One and All

I've been away from the nautical side for far too long. I hope to get back into the swing of things lest I be swinging from the highest yardarm.

Plans are to - obviously far too ambitious for just January:

1) Continue the 2016 Solo campaign. I found I was in irons after scenario 2.
    2) Play another game using the Mad for War 17th century rules
    3) Start building some more 17th century ships.
    4) Learn and play the American Civil War (ACW) naval rules from ScaryBiscuitStudios (SBS). These have a similar mechanism to SoG in that orders must be given in advance; although the number of turns in advance varies by ship (i.e., some are more responsive than others due to better ship handling, crews, etc.). SBS also has a solo rules supplement.
    5) Finish some of my ACW ships. I have 8 done (5 Langton and 3 Skytrex), but another 3 (Langton) are assembled and ready to paint. I also have 8 Skytrex but these will require scratch building masts and yards since the kits came with none. The 3 Skytrex I've done up are all monitors - so no masts were required.

The ACW has an interest for me due to it being a period of dramatic technological change.

So that's the plan. Let's see if it survives contact with the enemy.
    Last edited by ShadowDragon; 01-09-2024 at 16:42.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

You will be most welcome Paul. We need to get the Anchorage active again after the Party period has worn off.
    Even the shipmates who have won awards don't seem to have sobered up enough to buy us all a drink in the wardroom. I have been having to send the purser ashore to replenish my own stocks. This will never do.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.