I attended SPIEL games fair in Essen a couple of days ago, where ARES had a presence with a booth of medium size.

It was possible to test play various of their games, though I did not observe "Sails of Glory" featuring on any of the tables.
Their newest game - "Quartermaster General" was still stuck in customs on Thursday - I bet the napoleonic forces had a hand in that - but they hoped that the game would arrive before the week-end.

I chanced upon "Argo" from this here forum at the ARES booth, who inquired about future releases for "Sails of Glory". He was informed that future releases were planned but that there was no date scheduled. However, ARES does not want to let the game die.

"Argo" took the opportunity to notifiy the ARES staff about some scaling mistakes regarding a number of SoG models.

As for products, ARES offered a "Buy two, get one free" deal for all SoG products from Starter Boxes over ships to accessories. In each group of three products, the cheapest one came free.

Prices were:

Starter Box: 70 Euros
Special Ships (i.e. USS Constituton, HMS Victory): 25 Euros
"Large" Ships: 20 Euros
"Small" Ships: 15 Euros
Chit Bags: 20 Euros
Extra counter sets: 10 Euros

Plenty of ships were to be had, including the rare sort otherwise only available as part of the kickstarter campaign.

I managed to lay hands on - well, immediately and frantically grab, that is - (the last?) two sets of extra Ship Mats.

Lt. Bush