Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Default Partizan 23.

Here are a few shots of the Battle of Valdivia from Partizan which we played the weekend before last.

The Spanish and Chilean squadrons make ready for the frey.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1696.jpg   IMG_1695.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 06-03-2023 at 01:38.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The fort on the island held by the Spanish is the key to the Spanish position and the river which flows up to the Town of Valdivia and which is the objective of Corcoran’s Chilean Squadron.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1697.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 06-03-2023 at 01:37.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Corcoran’s Chilean Squadron deploys towards the fort of Castillo de San Sebastian de la Cruz which had been captured by storm on the previous night and could thus give some support to the Chileans as they attacked the Spanish Squadron. The Spanish held fort of Niebla on the left of the picture was thus nullified totally from the action.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1706.jpg  

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Having seen the enemy dispositions, the Spanish Commadore now gave orders for his squadron to attack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1707.jpg  

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

At the same time Fort de San Pedro de Alcantara on the island opened fire on the Chillean flagship O'Higgins as it passed by.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Here we see Chris instructing his Spanish captains on the value of keeping out of the Chilean captured fort's batteries.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1709.jpg   IMG_1710.jpg