Threaded View

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Some updates, as I just sent to Rob at Ares:
    1. The San Vicente Ferrer group of 80's are very close structurally and sizewise the the "Juan System" 74' designed by Eduardo Bryant--only five feet (one port) longer, and less difference than the group of 64's we're going to be discussing next.

2. Bahama turns out to be a hybrid - scantlings are Gautier System, the "shell" of hull planks around them is basically a rescale of 1765 San Genaro, one of Eduardo Bryant's Velascos (and thus "smaller sister" to the San Vicente Ferrers). Based on this and knowing how engineers prefer scale-up/down over "clean sheet" every time, I would suggest nerfing SGN112's Gunnery and buffing its maneuver in line with a typical 64 and using the sculpt for:

1759 Astuto
    1761 San Genaro class: 1761 San Genaro, 1761 San Antonio, 1763 HMS San Antonio (Genaro taken as prize alongside her sister but lost in UK waters enroute from Havana)
    1766 America one-off
    1771 San Pedro de Alcantara one-off

Yes, Bryant built TWO San Genaros! The two SG-class 64's were commissioned right into Ordinary and never armed before the Siege of Havana. 50.53m America is a good 4m longer than 46.3m Astuto, actually around British Common 74 size. In order to make this a viable roster, I reluctantly suggested engaging in a What-If puttin San Genaro under UK flag. (Ironically, the very-thing I threw a screaming hissy-fit about scuttling Actionnaire under UK flag as an Artesien card...)
    Last edited by Diamondback; 03-07-2024 at 13:12.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.