Hybrid View

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Some updates, as I just sent to Rob at Ares:
    1. The San Vicente Ferrer group of 80's are very close structurally and sizewise the the "Juan System" 74' designed by Eduardo Bryant--only five feet (one port) longer, and less difference than the group of 64's we're going to be discussing next.

2. Bahama turns out to be a hybrid - scantlings are Gautier System, the "shell" of hull planks around them is basically a rescale of 1765 San Genaro, one of Eduardo Bryant's Velascos (and thus "smaller sister" to the San Vicente Ferrers). Based on this and knowing how engineers prefer scale-up/down over "clean sheet" every time, I would suggest nerfing SGN112's Gunnery and buffing its maneuver in line with a typical 64 and using the sculpt for:

1759 Astuto
    1761 San Genaro class: 1761 San Genaro, 1761 San Antonio, 1763 HMS San Antonio (Genaro taken as prize alongside her sister but lost in UK waters enroute from Havana)
    1766 America one-off
    1771 San Pedro de Alcantara one-off

Yes, Bryant built TWO San Genaros! The two SG-class 64's were commissioned right into Ordinary and never armed before the Siege of Havana. 50.53m America is a good 4m longer than 46.3m Astuto, actually around British Common 74 size. In order to make this a viable roster, I reluctantly suggested engaging in a What-If puttin San Genaro under UK flag. (Ironically, the very-thing I threw a screaming hissy-fit about scuttling Actionnaire under UK flag as an Artesien card...)
    Last edited by Diamondback; 03-07-2024 at 13:12.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Nice bit of work DB. I'm sure a few sales could be made there.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.