Thread: Peg Diameter

Default Peg Diameter

Has anyone measured the peg diameter on the ships?

Searching the site has not turned up anything. I am going to 3d print bases and thought I would ask here before somewhat inaccurately measuring the holes on the SoG bases! (or buying calipers!).

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

As they are tapered Eric it is rather hard to gauge them. When I go to the workshop tomorrow I will try and get a micrometer reading for you.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    As they are tapered Eric it is rather hard to gauge them. When I go to the workshop tomorrow I will try and get a micrometer reading for you.
    Rob.
    Thanks Rob! I totally forgot they were tapered!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Here you go Eric.

Just for you. These dimensions are taken from a series of ships and diameters from several sides of pegs as they are not all totally conical or without flaws in the moulding, but this is an average of all the readings I took. Thank goodness for the advent of the digital micrometer.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Great job, Rob, and a great idea Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Here you go Eric.

Just for you. These dimensions are taken from a series of ships and diameters from several sides of pegs as they are not all totally conical or without flaws in the moulding, but this is an average of all the readings I took. Thank goodness for the advent of the digital micrometer.
    Wow! Thank you so much for measuring! This is a great help!

When using the SoG ships with other rules the large base often gets in the way so I wanted to make bases that more closely conform to the model.

I probably ought to buy one of those digital micrometers.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

My son got me the digital mic shortly after I lost the sight in my right eye and could no longer read my old mic Eric. He also got me a set of digital vernier calipers which have also proved a boon.

Rob.