Thread: What's on your workbench for March 2023

Hybrid View

The standing rigging and ratlines are done on all four ships, but I have finished the running rigging on the English ship the Leopard (50-guns). It's not finished yet - paint touch ups and the base need to be done, but here it is next to a completed Ark Royal 40-gun Dutch ship.

The Dutch ship's rigging has been done with brush fibers. The Leopard's standing rigging was done with fibers but the running rigging with the thread Langton recommends for doing the running rigging for it's ships. Any preference? Keep in mind there's been a bit of experimentation with the Leopard so there's some things I will change for the other three ships if I continue to use thread for the running rigging.

Name:  IMG_5663.jpg
Views: 721
Size:  163.2 KB

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon View Post
    The standing rigging and ratlines are done on all four ships, but I have finished the running rigging on the English ship the Leopard (50-guns). It's not finished yet - paint touch ups and the base need to be done, but here it is next to a completed Ark Royal 40-gun Dutch ship.

The Dutch ship's rigging has been done with brush fibers. The Leopard's standing rigging was done with fibers but the running rigging with the thread Langton recommends for doing the running rigging for it's ships. Any preference? Keep in mind there's been a bit of experimentation with the Leopard so there's some things I will change for the other three ships if I continue to use thread for the running rigging.
    I prefer the weight and colour of the RR on the leading ship. The colour is too white and the thread too thick in appearance on the following ship for my taste, YMMV.