Hybrid View

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbs View Post
    Jim, by what means do the Victorian ships stay in the air? Also, are the turrets movable?
    Hi Dobbs,
    There's a very detailed SF/Fantasy back story to the Leviathans creation. I'll link the 'history' here: https://monstersinthesky.com/

Yes, the turrets do turn and the game is a hex based, I go, You go format. This is the 2nd iteration as the original game lost the molds, etc., when the overseas factory had 'issues'. The Kickstarter was very successful and with any luck they will be releasing the game this Fall.

Jim

Edit: Correction on movement. It's not at all correct to say the game is I go, You go. (I should never post before having sufficient coffee in the morning). Here's a brief description of movement as it was when the original game was released. It's very important to state that movement in a turn is considered simultaneous:

Players roll for initiative, and the losing player must move first. Each player moves their largest Type ship, and then each player moves their second-largest Type, etc. Each ship has its own number of movement points (MP), which can be reduced if the engines are damaged. It costs 1MP to move forward one hex, and 1MP to rotate the ship one hex-face. In addition, there are minimum requirements for how many hexes forward you must travel before you are allowed to rotate. The full rules also include instructions for sideslipping, rotating more than one hex-face, or using offensive or defensive screening.
    Last edited by Nightmoss; 02-22-2023 at 15:27.
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb