Last year in the fall, we took a day trip to Amsterdam so that I could finally cross off a long outstanding item from my to-do list:
Visiting the Maritime Museum, including the replica of the 1748 East-Indiaman "Amsterdam" anchored there.
The original ship was stranded near Hastings on its maiden voyage in 1749, the remains still protruding somewhat from the silt at stong low tide.

The replica dates from 1985-1990, is visually very nice, but not historically accurate in some aspects. For example, the decks have been raised to the point where one can stand upright.
Of all the museum ships I have visited, this is the most "modified" to fit a contemporary museum operation.
Nevertheless, it looks visually elegant, and the ship as well as the whole museum, which is located in the historic magazine of the Dutch Admiralty, are worth a visit for people interested in maritime topics.

If you want it more historically correct, you have to go a few kilometers further, to Lelystad on Flevoland. There, at the Bataviawerf, the Batavia is anchored, a replica of another East Indiaman that sank in 1629 on its maiden voyage off Western Australia.
The Batavia was an attempt to recreate the ship as faithfully as possible.
Unfortunately I haven't been there for a long time, the photos are from 2008. The topmasts have been removed in the meantime, as far as I know.
An unfinished shell of the warship "De Zeven Provincien" is lying on the building site of the museum shipyard.
Another important aspect that speaks for a family trip to Lelystad: Right next to the Bataviawerf is Bataviastad, a huge fashion outlet with over 100 stores. This certainly ensures a good time even for family members uninterested in the maritime world

Some photos additional to the two below of both visits are stored in two albums, I hope the links work. (Maybe they work only for logged-in users)

Name:  L1030144.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  147.7 KB
The Batavia

Name:  DSC08193.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  117.8 KB
The Amsterdam

The Batavia-album

The Amsterdam-album