Hybrid View

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Sounds good, although I hope you are not going to have that Lord High Admiral robber Rupert of the Rhine or his brother Maurice prancing about on the poopdeck. I much prefer Admiral Blake myself.

Rob.

P.S. Curse that predictive text! I'm sure I never wrote prancing.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Sounds good, although I hope you are not going to have that Lord High Admiral robber Rupert of the Rhine or his brother Maurice prancing about on the poopdeck. I much prefer Admiral Blake myself.

Rob.

P.S. Curse that predictive text! I'm sure I never wrote prancing.
    Robert Blake, Rupert and Maurice will all be there since my intention is to build up the fleets for the battles starting with the Rupert's run from the Tagus to the Caribbean. The 60-gun and 50-gun will be two of Blake's ships (St. George, Resolution or Leopard). I'm not sure which ship I'll do the 40-gun as - maybe the Swallow.

I will need 6 Royalist English ships plus 3 fireships, 2 French, 4 Portuguese vs 12 Commonwealth English for the initial breakout from the Tagus. I've got 3 Portuguese done and will have 2 and 2 English (for Royalist and Commonwealth). I expect that I'll press gang some of the Dutch ships above into service for one side. (ETA: Nope, I have enough without press ganging the Dutch. I just have some work to do - 20 more in addition to the 4 above. ).
    Last edited by ShadowDragon; 02-13-2023 at 16:50.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I will be interested to see that scenario once you get it up and running Paul.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Have you read this book Paul?
    Rupert of the Rhine: The Pirate Prince. by George. Edinger.

Or this one by Maurice Ashley?

Rob.
    Attached Images Attached Images