Gentlemen,

I have accumulated quite a backlog of After Action Reports that I should write:

The first one for the first "standard" scenario "Enemy in Sight!" dating back to last March.
The second one for a larger action, a modified "Plundering the Town"
The third one for an action just finished "Against the Outpost".

Hard to tell, when I will have the opportunity to tackle this.

At least a very brief description of what transpired tonight "Against the Outpost".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Action.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	59660

I commanded the French ships. The British set up taking advantage of the weather gauge and apparently planning to skirt by on the right and then turning in to shoot at the outpost on the island.

The French ships set up facing towards the island under backing sails with the intention to let the British catch up and then to cross into their path blocking progress towards the island, which would not be trivial as the wind was blowing from the right side.

Despite the British moving in under full sails and the French under backing sails, it took the Royal Navy quite a while to catch up, so that I became concerned of getting to close to the islands and reefs.

As it turned out, Genereux suceeded in crossing the T of HMS Terpsichore and raking her from the front with a devastating broadside that caused sail damage, rudder damage and punched two leaks into the hull. HMS Terpsichore was doomed and could only stay afloat by using her last action to man the pumps or go down after having repaired one leak. Instead, the vailiantly opted to go down in a blaze of glory firing one last feeble forward broadside on Courageuse.

Both French ships were taken aback. While the Courageuse managed to turn in on turn, Genereux took two. Yet both French vessels were situated in a way, that the onrushing HMS Defence could not hit Genereux, while being hit by her at close range. HMS Defence fired a continuous long range broadside, while Courageuse could reply just within half-range and thus creating B damage. Consequently, HMS Defence took more than she could give.

In the next turn, HMS Defence and Genereux collided and had a go at each other with guns and muskets, while Courageuse was able to further pound the English ship of the line. As the odds were getting long for HMS Defence, we called it a victory for my French squadron.

Lt. Bush