Thread: Final Collision Rules?

Landsman
    Italy

Log Entries
    Name
    Koray

Default Final Collision Rules?

Hi ALL Captains!
    After reading a lot of threads about this problem, anybody can write down an easy, fast, handy, realistic (as possible) rule for collisions(even for basic rules) many thanks
    Another question(sorry i m a newbie) can a ship decide to don t move?(even on basic rule)

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Hi Koray, to answer part two, ships will move as you have to plot the movement in advance every turn. Unless you drop anchor or have no sails. Rest of time you will move as per your card untill you hit something.

First part of question, the collision rules were put in place deliberately to keep friendly ships from being too close to each other, there is no damage for colliding with enemy ships. So easiest way is to keep your distance and dont hit a friend.

My personal rule is that most captains were seasoned sailors so unless they had a new or bad crew, would rarely hit a friendly ship so I move the ship as far as possible then leave the friendly bases touching, the penalty being you could entangle with the rigging of a friendly ship and not move until unentangled.
    Hope this helps

Landsman
    Italy

Log Entries
    Name
    Koray

Thanks for your reply, the problem is when on collision or potentially collision are involved more 3 or more ships with an enemy ship as well, i mean who move first? How move the other ships? In which order? Which position? This is very important cos determining if they can fire or not. About second part so a ship can not decide to choose or not a movement card. Have to choose one, right?

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

This simple illustration in the files may help Koray.

https://www.sailsofglory.org/downloa...?do=file&id=33

Move your ship with the highest burdon first. Then any ships with the same burdon in small increments to the point at which they hit the highest burdon ship or each other.

Rob.
    Last edited by Bligh; 02-01-2023 at 00:51.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.