Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Default A Recon in force.

These shots are a sequel to the Battle of Ragusa which we played at Doncaster.
    This is a recon in force to destroy any remaining French Naval forces and clear the way for the landings of British sailors and Marines in order to place guns on the heights overlooking the French held town.

Calypso, ruthless Ruth, commanded the French whilst Captain Kiwi, Andy the British.
    Attached Images Attached Images              
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Having successfully counted the guns emplaced to defend the coast the British withdrew to effect overnight repairs and regroup, as did the French, ready to recomense the contest on the morrow.

Rob.

The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Great looking table. The wreck markers are a nice touch!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks Eric.
    They were made in the days before the new printed wreck models came into being.
    Now you don't need to destroy a ship to get a wreck anymore.

Rob.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

Nice looking game Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

This was the first of the follow up actions which I mentioned earlier John.
    I hope to get the second part to this added soon.
    Thanks for the comment.

Rob.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

Sorry it's taken me so long to catch up.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

No worries John. I know the feeling this year. i still have part two to add to this one.
    I can only plead Christmas run up work.
    Rob.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

I know how you feel, I fanally got the sea mat on the table yesterday then realized I'd piled so much rubbish in front of the cabinet with the ships it would take ages to get them out. So I've been dive bombing a British submarine today because I have to take the table apart tomorrow to use the top for an extended family Christmas lunch on Boxing day.

Have a good day tomorrow.
    Cheers

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Happy Christmas John.
    Our family party was today, so tomorrow will be a bit more quiet.
    I'm hoping to get my backup game posted.
    Have a good one tomorrow.
    Rob.

Very cool looking.

What John wrote...lol. Maybe I'll get a Sails of Glory game done next week.

On a related nautical topic but not a SoG-gy one, the Mad for War rules (16th/17th century naval warfare) are to be shipped at the end of January so I'll have to start working on some Dutch and English ships.

Hope all had a Happy Christmas and here's to a Prosperous New Year!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks Paul, I look forward to your game, also to your Dutch and English 16/17th cent ships.

Rob.