Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Default Copenhagen trials.

In order to test out the effacy and calculate the firepower of Trekoner Fort for our upcoming battle of Copenhagen, I ran the three British Frigates up to it and conducted the following test.
    First fire from the fort at long range was fairly telling.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1590.jpg   IMG_1591.jpg   IMG_1592.jpg   IMG_1593.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 06-29-2023 at 03:07.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Return fire from the leading Frigate was desultry at the least.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1594.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 06-29-2023 at 03:05.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Things warmed up a bit as the frontal battery came into action and the lead Frigate replied to it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1595.jpg   IMG_1597.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 06-29-2023 at 03:05.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Number two and three Frigates now fired as the fort reloaded.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1598.jpg   IMG_1596.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 06-29-2023 at 03:04.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The condition of the fort with all frigates having delivered one broadside was now thus.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1599.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 06-29-2023 at 03:04.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

With the fort now reloaded the rearmost Frigate now took fire for the first time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1600.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 06-29-2023 at 03:01.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

It was at this point that the ships now anchored in the position that they had assumed in the actual battle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1601.jpg  

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Number three, two and one now delivered their second round of fire onto the fort.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1603.jpg   IMG_1602.jpg   IMG_1604.jpg  

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The fort replied with the only battery yet reloaded and struck number three Frigate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1605.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 06-29-2023 at 03:00.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The frigates returned fire as they reloaded with their leading ship very badly disabled. However two concurrent fires breaking out on the fort placed it in considerable danger of an explosion.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1606.jpg   IMG_1608.jpg   IMG_1609.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 06-29-2023 at 03:00.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Return fire again was directed against the foremost frigate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1610.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 06-29-2023 at 02:59.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Ship number two now got in one last round of fire and the move ended with the fort now well ablaze.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1612.jpg   IMG_1611.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 06-29-2023 at 02:55.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Having selected the chits for the chance of an explosion, they were now drawn and the result was to end all resistance from the fort.This was an unexpected result and probably slanted the result of the action slightly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1614.jpg   IMG_1615.jpg   IMG_1616.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 06-29-2023 at 02:54.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The end of the action gave the following results, which i felt was a reasonable result against waht was a fort actually still partly under construction when the actual battle took place.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1617.jpg   IMG_1618.jpg   IMG_1619.jpg   IMG_1620.jpg