Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Now a few shots from Copenhagen.

After the traditional glass of port and briefing from Admiral Neil Nelson. (Horry could not make it) so Neil stepped in the British squadron rounds the Middle Ground and begins its assult on the Danish line.
    The trophy in the foreground is on view to put a bit of steel into the assault.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1805.jpg  
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Overview from the fort Trekoner end of the line.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1806.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 09-05-2023 at 14:15.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Captain Manley's Gun Brig takes up its position ready to assail the fort before being joined by the three frigates in his squadron.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1807.jpg   IMG_1808.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 09-05-2023 at 14:14.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The first Danish ship surrenders to Captain Comben's frigate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1809.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 09-05-2023 at 14:14.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

As the second ship surrenders, Captain Comben now directs his fire onto the vessel anchored between those two.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1810.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 09-05-2023 at 14:13.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Other ships from Nelson's squadron are now moving further up the Danish line and the battle has become a general action. Note the three British ships aground on the Middle ground and the three frigates hastening past the British Bomb ketches in order to attack the forts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1814.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 09-05-2023 at 14:13.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

With three Danish ships now lost the first British ship is lost.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Meanwhile the Danish main body is taking a drubbing from several British ships at once.
    It was at this point that Hyde-Parker signaled that the action should be broken off to which Neil Nelson turned a blind eye.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1820.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 09-05-2023 at 14:12.