Thread: Doncaster 2023.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

With the van of Lord Nelson's squadron closing on the few remaining Danish ships, he sent in a boat under a flag of truce to start surrender nagotiations and put an end to the needless loss of any more Danish lives. To all intents and purposes the battle was now over.

Rob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1822.jpg  
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Danish Battle line Butchers Bill.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1886.jpg   IMG_1887.jpg   IMG_1888.jpg   IMG_1893.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 09-06-2023 at 07:34.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

British Squadron Butchers Bill.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1891.jpg   IMG_1892.jpg   IMG_1890.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 09-06-2023 at 07:31.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks Eric. It was taken from a painting of the battle with the ships and mortar shell tracks edited out.

Rob.
    Last edited by Bligh; 09-06-2023 at 07:37.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Now a few shots from the afternoon Pirates game where the pirates battle each other in order to capture the Spanish treasure ship aprehended earlier by Algerine Corsairs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1824.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 09-06-2023 at 08:05.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

two of the pirates try to disable each other.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1825.jpg  

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Meanwhile Ali Bligh and his crew sail happily unmolested between the shoals and rocks towards Algiers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1826.jpg  

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

In their wake they leave a trail of carnage and meyhem as the Pirates duke it out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1827.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 09-06-2023 at 08:04.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Finally they pass a more astute pirate, who in passing exchanges broadsides and cripples the Galleon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1828.jpg  
    Last edited by Bligh; 09-06-2023 at 08:04.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Struggling to regain helm control and with a sudden change in the wind direction the galleon is stranded on the rocks. Just at that moment Captain Patch arrives on the scene and deprives the crew of their treasure, as they make their escape in the ships longboat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1829.jpg  

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Satisfied with his success and without having to fire a single shot in anger Captain Patch makes good his escape whilst the three other pirate ships are either too damaged or too far away to even challenge this audacious escapade.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1831.jpg  

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

And here we see Captain Patch being awarded his prize for excelling in all the Sails games and winning the Admiral's Trophy for the second time in three years.
    Well done Simon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1863.jpg