Thread: Help Needed Please

Default Help Needed Please

Ok I am stumped. I am reflagging my Guerriere model and can't determine the proper ensign flown during her final action wit USS Constitution. The numerous paintings of the battle are inconsistent with a few showing the white ensign and the remainder divided with half showing the red and the other half the blue. Which is correct? Does anyone on the Anchorage have an educated opinion?

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Volunteer View Post
    Ok I am stumped. I am reflagging my Guerriere model and can't determine the proper ensign flown during her final action wit USS Constitution. The numerous paintings of the battle are inconsistent with a few showing the white ensign and the remainder divided with half showing the red and the other half the blue. Which is correct? Does anyone on the Anchorage have an educated opinion?
    Vol, a couple of years ago Carl Herzog of the USS Constitution Museum contacted me about using one of my photos for a video he was doing. Maybe try to reach him via the museum? www.ussconstitutionmuseum.org

I'll PM you his email as he contacted me via private message.
    Last edited by Nightmoss; 09-16-2022 at 08:06. Reason: added information
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

Thanks Jim. I sent an email to Mr. Herzog this morning. Hopefully he can shed some light on my enquiry.

Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

Did you ever hear back, Vol?