Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Default Her Majesty the Queen.

It is with great sadness that on behalf of the Admiralty Board I have to report the news that Her Majesty died earlier today. I am sure that all shipmates will join with the Admiralty Board in sending condolences to the Royal Family and King Charles the Third on this very sad occassion.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

With sadness, I , like a number of others here and on the Wings forum, served in HM forces, I swore my allegiance to her and served for 24 years, she served us longer. RIP ma’am

Midshipman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Gary

A very sad loss indeed.

A sad day but it was a long and glorious reign.

A shining example of devotion to duty and an exemplary leader a sad day for the UK and Commonwealth. The Queen is dead. Long live the King!

Midshipman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Gary

With imho a total lack of privacy and respect, the media here had wall to wall and tear by tear coverage on all TV channels yesterday for just about the entire day. (they did stop for the Aussie Rules football semi final 7pm to 10pm). Now i can see some headlines about is this the end of the monarchy etc. Is it the same in other Commonwealth countries?

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Please do not let this thread develop into a domestic political issue. That would be a lack of respect.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Midshipman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Gary

Sorry, no disrespect intended. I was just ranting against some of the media coverage. She was a great Queen and is missed.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

No worries Gary. I was just heading off the thread diverting onto politics about sovereignty.
    Rob.