Thread: Hello! New player on the seas!

Threaded View

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Nine times out of ten, the reason a History class sucks (when it does) is the people teaching it: dull, droning pedagogues even more lifeless than the current state of those they prattle about. My A&A was War at Sea Miniatures, I was actually involved a little with its development in later sets too suggesting things to fix, "special abilities" for unique ships and sculpt reuses. Not that different from what I do for Ares, except one is official with the company while the other was just a private handshake with the lead designer who lived nearby.

One reason you'll probably never see such a class is my lesson plans involve things like being hands-on shooting real rifles with real bullets on a range under pro supervision. (Not as a requirement, but as an option toward a "Constructive Learning Activity" requirement--others might include eating a facsimile of a period military ration and a current one, then a Compare/Contrast.)
    Last edited by Diamondback; 09-11-2022 at 21:18.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.