Thread: Hello! New player on the seas!

Threaded View

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Remember, no such thing as stupid questions only stupid answers. :) Gonna guess your username is a Battletech reference... one of the guys I GM'ed with on Wizkids Pirates in the early 2000s with was into BT/MechWarrior and a hardcore Clans fan, so that might be where the name came up. (He was more Jade Falcons though.)

Known Issues with models...
    *Special Pack HMS Victory should have a lateen mizzen for her 1765 as-built hull. (SGN108 is as refit just before Trafalgar.)
    *Special Pack USS Constitution is ~22 scale feet overlength--my bad personally, time crunch finding data and I failed to properly cross-check the primary reference against typos. (It DID seem amiss to have a frigate with a claimed length longer than a typical First Rate...)
    *Waves 3 and 4 are all closer to 1/1200 than 1/1000.
    *Waves 3/4 Spanish ships are deliberately overpowered. (Designer intent--don't look at me, I just go find the numbers not crunch 'em.)
    *Wave 4 French East Indiamen are all specifically sculpted with Bonhomme Richard's unique refits. As-built the quarterdecks need to be cut back somewhere behind the mizzenmast.
    *Wave 4 Bucentaure should have a gaff mizzen, not a lateen. (Stated reason was something about sharing mast tooling IIRC.)
    *Wave 4 Spanish frigates are significantly better one one side than the other. The weak card is for a 12-pdr 34, the strong card is an 18-pdr 44... but the names aren't always matched to historical role.
    Last edited by Diamondback; 09-11-2022 at 18:31.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.