Bienvenido, amigo!

Now that I've exhausted my conversational Spanish... be wary of the official stats, they're a dog's-breakfast of overpowered stats and undersized models--like if you transplanted a pitbull's head onto a chihuahua's body. We've been trying to get things straightened out for years, and unofficially I'm about ready to propose a "total realignment" project for the Anchorage Stats Committee t design whole new logs more faithful to historical performance.

One thing you should know for certain is that the Spanish frigates are statted as 12# 34's on one side and 18# 38-40's (?) on the other--this was a deliberate design choice since the hulls were very similar and to get more options into play faster, but some of the names and armaments are not properly paired. (While I do work with them doing historical research, I don't get a say on game stats, almost all I do is examine blueprints and dimensions and recommend "a sculpt based on this blueprint could also pass for X, Y and Z but not A, B or C." Sometimes they take my advice and that of other historical consultants, sometimes they don't.)