Thread: The Beginning of Something New

Midshipman
    Czech Republic

Log Entries
    Name
    Daniel

Red face The Beginning of Something New

Despite the fact that I am not much active here since the very beggining of the site, I want to share a good news from us, inland rats.

Some of you know Láďa, LGS owner here in Prague. He run something like a week suburban camp in his shop for teenagers to playing boardgames (all of them). We played the second game of Sails yesterday and guess what: they, the youngsters, want to play again. Not try it again, but play it regularly. So we set up a WhatsApp group and I expect at least two sessions till the end of the year.

Well, it is not much, especially in comparison with regular gaming groups, but it is not bad for a game in clinical death (still see the light at the end of tunnel).

Any tips for begginers scenarios would be welcome

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Well done Daniel.

This is the sort of initiative which will keep the Sails world alive. If you get any photos please add them here because some of us do not use WhatsApp. Lets be frank, some of us can hardly read flag signals without the Flag Lt. to translate for us.

Best wishes for your enterprise, and transmit dispatches whenever you can.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Midshipman
    Czech Republic

Log Entries
    Name
    Daniel

A good point, admiral, Láďa took several photos, so I will ask him for some. I guess we would share them here and also on BoardGameGeek.com that is preferred board of our engineer Andrea

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Great Daniel.
    I look forward to seeing them.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.