Thread: What's on your Workbench for August 2022?

Hybrid View

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

They look very good Paul, and it has reminded me just how many strands I have on the go or like my Wars of the Roses Army just abandoned for ten years with the Yorkists completed and only two Lancastrian housholds started. The rest being ghosts in white undercoats.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    They look very good Paul, and it has reminded me just how many strands I have on the go or like my Wars of the Roses Army just abandoned for ten years with the Yorkists completed and only two Lancastrian housholds started. The rest being ghosts in white undercoats.
    Rob.
    Thanks for the rep, Rob.

Now that I'm retired it's what game do I play next that will determine which queue has priority - the potential games having already decided the priorities within each queue. Options are:

1) Complete one unit of 28mm French infantry so that I have enough for my first Frano-Prussian skirmish game.
    2) Complete one unit of 15mm Louis XIV dragoons plus paint up another for a 1690's game of French vs Grand Alliance.
    3) Paint up a few odds bits of WWII Germans and Russians for a 1941 game of 'O Group'
    4) Build more 1/1200 17th century ships in anticipation of the full Mad for War rules being released.
    5) PAint more B&P figures - 9 Spanish militia on the go. Then build another ship and paint some long boats as well.

Probably that's the order things will be done

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I look forward to seeing them as they materialize Paul.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    I look forward to seeing them as they materialize Paul.
    Rob.
    Me too, Rob, me too!

I did make some good progress with the 28mm Franco-Prussian French plus a unit of Blood & Plunder Spanish Militia. I know the the latter is a lower priority but they were on my table looking at me and asking for paint. LoL