Thread: What's on your Workbench for August 2022?

Threaded View

Default What's on your Workbench for August 2022?

It's been a busy gaming summer. I finally had enough 28mm privateers painted to participate in the 2022 Summer of Plunder Global Campaign sponsored by Blood & Pigment in partnership with Firelock Games, Tales of the Sail, The Plunder Den, and Timber & Sail. Essentially it involves playing games and submitting those games to Blood & Pigment. So, far over 1,000 games have been submitted. It didn't look like I'd be able to take part but I decided that I could use my Japanese Sengoku figures as proxies for the Blood & Plunder Iroquois list. Blood & Plunder is a skirmish game for the Americas in the 1600s, but they are extending them to the early 1700s. The focus was privateering games but it also includes wars with indigenous groups. For the campaign one usually chooses a faction. If you play solo, as I do, you can only submit a game for one side, but I decided to play two games each week - submitting one for Dutch Privateers and one for the Iroquois. So, I've been focussed on playing the games and painting up figures. I posted pics the tartana I completed - without sails (it now has sails - alas, paper ones - sorry Jonas and Chris). I'm now working on sloop which can be seen in the photos below.

Now - for the surprise, last weekend we attended a family wedding in Manitoba (4 hours drive from Winnipeg). At the airport on Monday I checked email to discover that I had won the monthly prize for participants who were new to the game. The prize consists of a sloop, 25 miniatures and an activation deck valued at $178 US. That was completely unexpected.

Still to be done is the write up of the AAR for my last 2015 campaign scenario which I played mid-June. OMG! How time slips by!

Name:  Wl0-Zwarte Jacob (1).jpg
Views: 714
Size:  182.9 KB

Name:  Wl0-Zwarte Jacob (2).jpg
Views: 706
Size:  169.4 KB

Name:  Wl0-Zwarte Jacob (3).jpg
Views: 766
Size:  157.3 KB
    Last edited by ShadowDragon; 08-05-2022 at 10:44.