Thread: Sails of Glory a Roma, 15 giugno 2022

Default Sails of Glory a Roma, 15 giugno 2022

Ciao a tutti.
    Chi volesse giocare a Sails of Glory può venire alle 21 di dopodomani, mercoledì 15 giugno, alla ludoteca Il Paiolo a Roma:

https://www.facebook.com/events/323567826632217

Meglio prenotarsi!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I hope you get plenty of players Andrea, and please post us a few photos of your games here at the Anchorage.
    Have a good one.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Thanks a lot, Rob! The shop I Civettoni is investing to spread the game here in Rome, the evening is to help them. Let's really hope it works!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Hi Andrea.
    I know when Keith started the Drome one of his ideas in forming Wings and Squadrons was to encourage the Flight Leaders in each State or county to introduce the game to clubs and shops in their area to help recruiting. It worked well in some areas, but many have fallen by the wayside. Here in the UK we have mooted the idea of putting on a game at Fresher’s week in the local Universities, but Covid put a stop to that. I used to play chess against a friend of mine in the local pub beer garden in summer, and was wondering if this could be another way to get the game out there to the general public? When we were camping a few years ago and played a game in front of our tent we got a lot of interest from other campers which led to about four or five new players on the Drome. It makes a nice change from only getting the people at War-game events seeing the game and widens the recruiting base no end. I may try the pub idea for the summer and see if it does any good.

Sail safe.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Thanks, really. That's a great plan. Yes, I think that the game has a potential out of the wargaming scene.
    The very first game I did with friends to celebrate the release of the game has been in a pub here in Rome. We played on a smaller table than usual. 4 people on the small 70 x 70 cm typical pub table with a Famous Aces box. I got the SPAD, was more used to the Fokker Dr.I and... Misjudging distances, I fell off the table. The designer made a fool of himself!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I was just looking at your 50 posts here Andrea and realised that you have made Able Seaman. Also that there is a medal you should have which has been missed. I will pop it in for you after I have had my breakfast.
    Rob.

Thank you. Ares Games had strong difficulties with the Chinese factories and moved everything to Dust facilities:
    https://www.aresgames.eu/30534
    Andrea Mainini and me are eager to restart working on new products. The pirates will be resumed. When things will be moving again, I shall be more present here.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks for the link Andrea.
    Some of our shipmates may not have seen this announcement.
    I am looking forward to the new line in Pirate ships.
    Whilst Mrs Bligh is in hospital having her sawbones fir a new hip joint I am avidly watching all the Black Sails episodes to prepare myself for your great launch.
    I'm sure that Ensign Patch and Captain Duff will be extatic!

Rob.

Received and appreciated, thanks a lot. Good luck to Mrs. Bligh!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks Andrea.
    I will pass on your good wishes to Mrs B. She phoned a few minutes ago to say that all was going well after yesterdays operation and was about to start her Physiotherapy. I told her that she now would not be fitted with a peg leg, and thus also not entitled to sport a parrot on her shoulder. I fear that there may yet be retribution to come!

Rob.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Interesting news Andrea, I will look forward to the Pirates version, although Ensign Patch will be most likely to indulge, hopefully some more historical ships may be forthcoming.
    In the mean time I must stop printing hulls and get to fixing in the masts and painting the 100 hulls I already have.
    Hope Eileen doing ok Rob.
    Last edited by Capn Duff; 06-15-2022 at 15:36.

Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

Sails of Glory has been very popular at the marinas and yacht clubs where we have showcased it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211226_160607.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	177.8 KB 
ID:	58155

Do give Eileen Suzanne and my very best, Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Good morning Dobbs.
    Mrs B came home after her opp yesterday. She is now bionic and we just need to get her sea legs back.
    Your efforts to spread the gospel look to be very encouraging!
    Andrea and I have been discussing how playing games in public, like down at the pub or in a park are bringing the game to an untapped source of audience. Not your confirmed war gamer at the shows but a fresh group of people altogether. Chris, Raffer J. Larwood and I also spoke about Freshers’ weeks at Universities and if it was viable to do a game there as well. So you have pre-empted us all with your cruise.

Rob.