Thread: I heard a rumor

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    JR

Default I heard a rumor

I heard a rumor, that Ares is coming out with a Pirates Sails of Glory. Any Information??

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Firstly welcome to the Anchorage JR.
    Don't forget to sign on in the American Fleet Thread to let your compatriots know that you are aboard.

https://www.sailsofglory.org/forumdisplay.php?26-US-Fleet

There has been a lot of noise about Pirates, but nothing set in stone as yet.
    DB is the only man who may know anything new.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

I am going to uk games expo tomorrow and Ares will be present, I shall ask for any info and pass it on

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Official Statement - No rumor, hard Confirmed but no timetable on it.

Personal Observation - I don't know how much Ares will loop me in since I'm "pure historical," though, and will probably be sitting it out as a customer just like I did T&T.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks Chris.
    I understand that Rafer J Larwood is also scheduled for a meeting with Roberto.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Official Statement - No rumor, hard Confirmed but no timetable on it.

Personal Observation - I don't know how much Ares will loop me in since I'm "pure historical," though, and will probably be sitting it out as a customer just like I did T&T.
    Thanks for your reply DB.
    I gathered from some of your other posts that you were not getting feedback on suggestions for suitable new ships, but did not know just how much you had been side lined. It seems hard after all the work you have put in over the whole project.

Rob.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Yeah, I'm starting to wonder if I didn't somehow piss somebody off... :( then again, it may just be the world today, even my retired fighter-pilot prof who was like "the father I never had" doesn't reply to email much anymore, though with his wife bedridden and in failing health and the majority of his time and energy going to taking care of her I can at least understand why.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Visited the Ares stand today, at least 6 brand new starter sets selling for €70 or around £64, sigh, unfortunately was not able to speak to Roberto and the other staff I spoke to were helpers for the show and were not able to help. Hopefully Chris was able to get a conversation with the main chap.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

I ran into Chris later in the day, still no luck chatting with Roberto as he was deep in demoing War of the Ring. The Sails and Wings demo games were pretty poor, it must be said. They weren't even using mats. I'm not sure if Chris got to him later in the day. If not then maybe tomorrow

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks for your efforts chaps.
    We should make a complaint that the sails games were below the standards which we expect here on the Anchorage.
    Rob.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

I did notice the Sails demo, which was being shown incorrectly and the Wings WW1 was not even attended. Both games were sharing a table length ways so a 3’ by 2’ surface.
    On the plus side I did pick up my last missing official East Indiaman.
    Maybe next year we can help.
    Sorry missed seeing you Dave