The Dutch for taking on the Portuguese nears completion. The four ships at the back without sails are Langton - the leading ships are Pinnaces (20-26 guns) followed by a 30-gun with a 60-gun to port. I will have to finish painting the brass sails for these, put them on the ships and then start the rigging and final touches. If I did this again I would put the sails on the masts before gluing them into the ship hulls. The ships in front are Warfare Miniatures (Ark Royal) ships - a jacht and a 40-gun ship. The masts are cast metal. The main and fore masts of the 40-gun haven't been glued in as I will be doing the rigging for this ship using bristles and I will work from the back to the front for the standing rigging. Thread rigging looks not to be an option for the Ark Royal ships. After doing the rigging for the Ark Royals I will then decide if to use bristles or thread for the Langtons. The Langton ships seem to be made for thread rigging. I've done thread rigging on the Portuguese and after doing the Ark Royals with bristles I will have a good idea of the effort / result of each.

Name:  Dutch Fleet.jpg
Views: 915
Size:  226.6 KB