Thread: I just re-opened my Shapeways Shop!

Ordinary Seaman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Henry

Default I just re-opened my Shapeways Shop!

Hi guys!

I think a few of you might remember myself (and my designs) having popped up here a couple of years ago, when I was launching a 3D printable project called "Nelson at Cape St Vincent."

A few of you very kindly purchased 1/1000 versions of the ship sculpts as part of that project and I did a rather... bodged job... of fulfilling that out of my bedroom.

Well, since then I haven't been doing much physical fulfillment *personally,* realising it's quite the thing to take on, but I've continued designing ship models.

But I'm often asked over on Facebook when I'll get to fulfilling physical pledges and, boy, the last year's been a bit of a rollercoaster on that front. I partnered up with a chap in Kyiv, where I'd been living abroad, and we got to work opening a print workshop just in time for, well you know what...

Anyway, this is a bit of a roundabout way of saying that, after a failed venture, I've decided to re-open my Shapeways Shop!

At the moment most everything up there is in a native scale of either 1/700 or 1/2400, but I wanted to assure you that I am willing to, on request, update specific products to have custom scales of; 1/500, 1/620, 1/1000 and 1/1200

So please do peruse the catalogue and let me know if anything takes your fancy! I apologise it took me so long to jump on the Shapeways bandwagon...

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Thanks for the update Henry. I'll definitely check it out, but pricing on the Shapeways Shop can be a significant issue.
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

I will continue to buy your files from MMF and print them myself

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks for the update Henry.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Good to hear from you again, Henry! Been meaning to drop you a note... unfortunately the update as a researcher is not good, with how Greenwich has rebuilt their website it's no longer possible to download hi-res images.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Ordinary Seaman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
    Thanks for the update Henry. I'll definitely check it out, but pricing on the Shapeways Shop can be a significant issue.
    I'm not going to deny that - the reason I closed the shop in the first place was because I thought their prices were a bloomin' con!

But, since there's no fulfillment options on the horizon, I've opened it up as the next best thing...

Not bothering with figures, though, as it's just obscene - the cheapest setup I can manage is $0.90 per soldier at 10mm!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Good to hear from you again, Henry! Been meaning to drop you a note... unfortunately the update as a researcher is not good, with how Greenwich has rebuilt their website it's no longer possible to download hi-res images.

Yeah that update had me fuming! At first I thought it was just stupid wasting money on change for the sake of change (because I couldn't even get the site to work at all on my browser) but then I realised it's probably an attempt at moneygrabbing through getting more people to pay for hi-res images...

Foooortunately, being an obsessive sort, I had already downloaded hundreds of plans, so I've enough to probably keep me going the rest of my career!

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by HenryTurner View Post
    I'm not going to deny that - the reason I closed the shop in the first place was because I thought their prices were a bloomin' con!

But, since there's no fulfillment options on the horizon, I've opened it up as the next best thing...

Not bothering with figures, though, as it's just obscene - the cheapest setup I can manage is $0.90 per soldier at 10mm!
    I completely understand. Surely for some of us who don't have 3D printers something is better than nothing. And finally if Ares and Warlord Games can't or won't produce certain ship models this is the only alternative. Cheers!
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb