Thread: What's on Your Workbench for March 2022?

Hybrid View

Jim, the metal is so soft that it easily cuts. Just cut off the lower course spar with furled sail, the fighting platforms and cross trees. Then drill them out where the masts were. Insert rods and voila! You now have sturdy masts with minimal effort. Seems like an expensive way to acquire masts at the exorbitant price Warlord charges per ship.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Volunteer View Post
    Jim, the metal is so soft that it easily cuts. Just cut off the lower course spar with furled sail, the fighting platforms and cross trees. Then drill them out where the masts were. Insert rods and voila! You now have sturdy masts with minimal effort. Seems like an expensive way to acquire masts at the exorbitant price Warlord charges per ship.
    Thanks for that suggestion, Vol. I'll see what I can accomplish. And yes, using the Warlord masts is an expensive route so perhaps I should investigate other options. Thanks again.
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Volunteer View Post
    Quick question for you Vol. If I were to attempt making metal masts for my 1st Rates do you have wire gauge sizes and various measurements on your blog? I probably have more than enough plastic sheets and such for an attempt. Thanks in advance.
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb