Quote Originally Posted by lily99 View Post
Thanks so much! This forum is filled with so many talented people!! I'm very glad to have found it. I played the basic version of the game with my friend the other evening and it is a lot easier to learn than I thought, adding the rules little by little is definitely helping the learning curve. (Although I also went straight to running as a toddler too )

That collection is so interesting I had not come across it before so thank you for sharing. Being a historical consultant sounds like a dream job, it must be very interesting to see the behind the scenes development :0
TBH, most of what I did when things were in active development was comparing ship plans to each other to figure out "what else can we pass an existing or proposed sculpt off as, and what are the remaining Must Haves to complete Trafalgar and other major engagements?" Last project I actively worked on was Wings WWII identifying units and aircraft sculpts for a Cactus Air Force theme in '20... but you might find this thread interesting. :) https://sailsofglory.org/showthread....ht=view+inside

Who knows, between you and Henry and Simon, maybe your 3d modeling might find something big differing from otherwise similar ships that I missed--and my usual bias is "When In Doubt, Don't Do It." Or you might find things a closer fit to each other than I'd previously thought... I come at this as less a traditional wargamer than a recovering scale modeler, where details like the different tail gun setups between an otherwise identical B-52B and RB-52B matter, while David is more "traditional wargamer" steeped in the days when you had to make do with "generic British 32-gun frigate," so hopefully our efforts from our opposing biases complement and balance each other.