Hi everyone! My name is Lily (she/her) and I'm 22. I'm from Wales, but currently at university in England.

I've been interested in collecting model ships for a few years and last year started buying books and watching documentaries about the age of sail and tall ships in general. I joined a small discord server thinking it was about ship history but it was actually a server for Sails of Glory! This forum was recommended to me by the servers creator (hello if you see this :D) and I was lucky to have stumbled upon it as the game looked awesome, I've never played any miniature table top games before but I got the starter set recently and have been learning the basic game over the last 2 days, uni is very busy so I won't be able to play too much right now but at least I understand enough about it to learn more from everyone here.

I'm not an expert on ships at all as although I've always liked antique model ships, only recently have I actually sat down to learn the terminology and history behind them, it seems like this forum is a very good resource to learn from. I've started trying to draw ships from some of my history books and I think I'd love to learn more about building my own 3D models too!

My other hobbies are drawing and 2D Animation. I like to read, mostly fantasy/history/classics + my favourite book series of all time is Lemony Snicket. I also really love Ancient Greek history. I like to play video games too, mostly open world or multiplayer stuff with my friends.

If anyone has any recommendations for resources to learn about the game for a beginner eg YouTube channels/forum posts etc or even just on ship terminology then please let me know! :D